Just a promised what-we've-been-eating update. I'm also loosely planning the next couple of days. I just started a loaf of bread in the bread machine and may try to get another one going later. I need to pull a whole chicken out of the freezer, too.
Sunday - my wonderful, amazing, magnificent husband took the kids to see the in-laws all day. I stayed home and did chores. I ate leftovers from Saturday all day. I did enjoy some fancy bevs, though. I made iced tea and mashed up a couple of strawberries in the bottom of my glass. Yummy. I also made iced coffee - I keep forgetting to do the cold brew method, so it was just my regular old coffee on ice. Still good, in fact I think I'm going to go make more in a sec.
Derek and the kids came home with a huge bag of peaches from my in-laws peach tree. He also brought a small dish of their home grown squash and tomatoes.
So, today:
Breakfast: Cheerios, strawberries, peaches for the kids. I had yogurt with strawberries and peaches and little honey.
Lunch: totally random. I sauteed the squash and tomatoes in a little olive oil and added in some frozen broccoli - put the lid on the pan and let the broccoli steam for a bit. Had it all over rice. The kids had monterey jack cheese cubes with theirs. I had a little ceaser dressing on mine. Jackson actually had seconds, so I guess random worked. More peaches for dessert.
Tonight: We're having a sort-of stroganoff with ground bison and a sauce made with plain yogurt, sauteed onions, and a little Worcestershire. We'll have it over egg noodles and I'll probably just go ahead and throw peas in, too.
Tuesday:
Breakfast - scrambled eggs, toast w/jelly
Lunch - grilled cheese sandwiches, whatever frozen veg the kids decide on or maybe celery sticks and some dip kind of thing.
Dinner - I'm thinking of trying this Adzuki bean soup recipe, although I may change it up depending on what spices we have available. One of the commenters on the site topped their's with yogurt and it sounds really good. I have dried adzuki beans - this recipe doesn't call for soaking them, but I think I'll soak them tonight anyway. We'll have this with bread - or maybe rice would be better?
Wednesday:
(I'm going to get Derek to start the chicken in the crockpot in the morning - not sure what he'll throw together, so we'll see.)
Breakfast - cantaloupe, the last of the strawberries (if there are any left), peaches and either cereal or toast
Lunch - leftovers from Tuesday
Dinner - chicken and whatever needs to go with it depending on what Derek does.
Thank you for visiting random menu planning with Wendy.
Free ICEE on August 18 at Select Locations Nationwide
53 minutes ago

No comments:
Post a Comment