Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I prefer Coupon Duchess

My friend, Tara, sent me this link (thanks Tara!). A Coupon Queen saving lots of money - watch it and let me know what you think.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2009/04/28/dnt.coupon.lady.wjla

Shopping trips like the one featured leave you so pumped up - an adrenaline rush that lasts for hours.

I agree with most of what you'll hear, except I definitely DO NOT clip every coupon from the paper. That's the quickest way to get burned out on couponing if you're just getting started. I clip the coupons I know I'll use and the ones I believe will turn into freebies/money-makers.

I leave my inserts whole and write the date on the cover. I store them in magazine files and clip as needed for my trips. I use the coupon database at HCW to locate specific coupons.

This is what works for me - you may find that clipping everything works for you. There are lots of couponers who shop aisle by aisle searching for clearance deals and unadvertised sales. They do need to have everything clipped and easily accessible. I am so thankful that they do and that they post about their finds. I make sure to say thank you when I can and use their info to get myself into and out of the stores quickly. And on the rare occasion that I stumble across an unexpected deal, I make sure to post about it for others.

Couponing Karma!

2 comments:

  1. Loving this new blog! Thanks for all the info. Would you ever consider posting recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video! I wish I would have known she was around before we left VA so I could have picked up some tips.

    ReplyDelete