Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm so excited!

We visited the in-laws this weekend and happened upon a tiny farmer's market in Waxahachie. They set up along one side of the courthouse during the summer. Even though it was small, there were THREE different organic produce farmers.

And even more exciting, there were two different stands run by Mennonite families. One had produce, preserves, salsas/relishes, and baked goods. The other was selling meat AND they had 5 different options under my buy price!!! We don't need meat right now, but they are definitely where I'll be stocking up in a couple of weeks. Their farm isn't very far from where we live, so I may just go out there.

I was stoked! Grass fed, all natural, no hormones, no antibiotics chicken, beef, and pork - close to my home and reasonably priced. I picked up their flier and it says to ask about how to save 10% - I'm hoping that means they'll let us buy a whole animal in the future.

I know my in-laws thought I was even weirder than usual. I could not stop talking about how excited I was.

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome find! I'm totally in love with our farmer's market. Has me thinking about joining a CSA for the winter and buying grass-fed meat in bulk for our freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great discovery! I keep meaning to see if there is a CSA we can buy into to find cheaper meat. We don't eat a lot of it and right now I just buy at WF when it's on sale.

    ReplyDelete