Thursday, July 2, 2009

random - but thrifty!

1. stovetop popcorn - good. really good. We use grapeseed oil, but totally ruin the healthy by pouring real butter all over it. Really, really good.

2. Easy, cheap fun for kids - food coloring in their bath water. It only takes 4-6 drops to color it and it won't stay on their skin or stain their hair or anything. Jackson wanted "to see aquamarine - you know blue and green." 4 drops of each in the bathtub and we had aquamarine. He also wanted to add salt to make it more like the ocean, but I said no.

3. Somehow I've ended up on some mailing list that thinks I'm pregnant. I'm not. I'm getting really great diaper coupons though, so I can start stockpiling for my BIL and SIL's upcoming blessing. I also just rec'd two cans of formula in the mail. I guess I'll donate it to the women's shelter.

What random thrifty do you have going on?

3 comments:

  1. I breastfeed and use cloth diapers--so I have no cost in these areas (which totally rocks), but I often get coupons/samples in the mail for disposable diapers, formula, non-organic baby food, etc that people I know use, so I make sure to pass those on so someone gets the savings. I also pass on books and magazines to others after I'm done (if they are interested). Clothes too. I like when things get more than one use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got United to give me quite a bit in flight coupons. Does that count? I'm THRILLED. Our next family vacation travel is paid for and then some! All due to some phone calls and emails. (and crappy service on their part, but still)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - great tips! I like to see things get more than one use, too. And I hate to see high $ coupons go to waste when I know someone who can use them.

    Chrystal - totally counts! Good customer service is your right as a consumer and you should definitely make some noise when you're getting crappy service - wtg!

    ReplyDelete