Wednesday, July 1, 2009

school supply season is about to start!

Ok, let's get this ol' blog rolling again! I'm so excited, because it's about to be my favorite bargaining time of the year - back to school!!!

I never cared about this before I started couponing. I now know that it is a goldmine. Why? Every week the big retailers will offer different items for .01, .05, .25 - etc. It's a fabulous time to stock up on office supplies, craft supplies for your kids, craft supplies to put away for birthday gifts and party favors, etc.

Watch for crazy deals on:
  • crayons
  • paper
  • pens
  • index cards
  • rulers
  • scissors
  • folders
  • pencil boxes
  • markers
  • glue - glue sticks, elmer's, etc
  • tape

And start watching your inserts for coupons on some of those things. I haven't paid for pens in two years.

I always stock up on crayons, glue, and scissors for kids' craft gifts. It's also a great time to keep an eye out for deals on office supplies like staplers, organizers, etc.

AND in September, they start clearancing it all out - more deals!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love school supplies. Must be the student/teacher in me. Plus I'm already stockpiling craft stuff for Vin even though it will be a while before we use it.

    ReplyDelete