Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It never hurts to ask + 1 Q & A

I had to unexpectedly have a prescription filled for my daughter yesterday. (No big deal, just antibiotics.) I knew that Target had a prescription coupon in the paper on Sunday. I usually clip those just in case. However, there were no coupons this weekend, so I didn't even buy a paper.

Driving back from the dr's office I was debating with myself - Should I stop and try to buy a paper? Should I go to CVS and ask if they have a prescription coupon? Should I just stop at Target and see if they have an extra?

It was nap time and I didn't want to load/unload the kids anymore than I had to, so just stopping at Target won. I asked if they had any extra ads/coupons at the Pharmacy counter. The clerk said no, but that I might try at the service desk. We hiked over there and YES!! They did have one!

So, I used the $10 giftcard to buy:

32 Stonyfield Farm organic vanilla yogurt - used $1/1 manu coupon from a booklet I found at Kroger last month.
1 lb Earthbound Farms organic celery - used .75/1 manu coupon home mailer
1 lb organic carrots
2.34 lbs of bananas (my kids are inhaling bananas lately!)
5.5 oz bag of organic raisins

spent: $.00
saved: $10.37 (by using the gift card and $1.75 in coupons)

One quick Q&A for Chrystal - HBA = Health and Beauty Aids

1 comment:

  1. Ah, thank you! I don't think I would have come up with that on my own.

    ReplyDelete