Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just so thrilled for y'all!

I can't even tell you how much joy I get out of hearing things like this:

Beth said: Also, thought I'd let you know that I set a new record at Kroger today: $128 and some change for a week's worth of groceries for this family of 6! Remember, that's down from about $250 just about a month ago! Not to be too dramatic, but you have changed my life! I organized all my coupons about a week ago and now my kids make fun of me. We start to go somewhere or buy something, and I'll say, "Wait! I think I have a coupon for that!" and they'll say, "Well, of course you do Mom," all playfully disgusted. It's great:)

Beth - you rock!! Hopefully your kids will take some of that couponing knowledge with them to college - if I'd only know then.

Karly said: And I will have you know that I found a store brand of organic PB that is the same as the WF one. It is a whole dollar cheaper. I was so excited and immediately thought "Wendy would be proud" LOL! Yeah, not huge, but baby steps, right? At least I am trying to come up with the best deals on my basics and see where I can save.

Karly - it is huge!! WTG!!!

And look at what my friend Kam did:


She bought:
11 pkgs. of solo cups
2 pkgs. chinette dessert plates
2 wishbone dressings
4 pkgs. butter
1 block Kraft cheese
2 pkgs. hot dogs
2 pkgs. lunch meat
2 pkgs. bacon
2 chorizo
1 dozen eggs
2 snapple drinks
1 liter coke
1 wasp & bee spray
3 pkgs.crackers
6 Kraft mayonnaise
2 pkgs. easy mac
3 Kraft dressings
2 cans Bush beans
4 pkgs. bandaids
4 neosporin
1 lipstick
1 chapstick
1 - 3 pack razor
6 - scotch tape dispensers
Total Spent: 60.55
Total Saved: 160.86

And she checked in with me by phone throughout that shopping trip - so I got to coupon vicariously! I was thrilled!!

AND Kam's wife Teri bought her The Creative Family AND used a 40% off coupon to do it!!!

I am so dang proud of y'all for taking control of your $$$ like that!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you,
    Just wanted to let you know that I just finished looking through the walgreen's flyer and the target flyer online, printing coupons, and getting ready for those trips tomorrow. Also, I cleaned up some old paperwork tonight and found some stuff from a scale that I bought at Target a month ago. It was endorsed by "The Biggest Loser" and there was an offer for 21 free meals (one week's worth) from some weight loss company! You have to have a receipt, so I'm going to ask Target to print me a duplicate receipt from my debit card. Wish me luck! With my leaving town, this would be a great time and money saver for Kent!
    Also, in July and August a major money saving opportunity: do you can foods? I am hoping to have a bountiful garden to allow such. If not, just start saving your animal fat (or asking for it at the butcher counter) and we'll make lye soap together.

    ReplyDelete