Sunday, June 14, 2009

$500 challenge - quick update

I am so ready to do a big grocery shop.

recent spending:

Tom Thumb - gallon of organic milk marked down - spent $2.30 (saved $3.70)

Jackson requested "trousers and suspenders" (I kid you not) for his wedding attire. I hit the clearance rack at Macy's for his trousers - reg $32 and I spent $7.55 after tax. Seersucker pants, so cute.

I found suspenders on ebay, he selected a spring green shade - $6.15

I did a little garage sale run yesterday. I found a long sleeve calvin klein button-up for $1.

$500 Challenge Totals:
food & eating out (includes HBA): $197.22 ($172.19 savings)
- (eating out $53.36)
gas: $110.74
clothing: 24.69
coffee & beer making supplies: $52.05
household necessities (like air filters, etc)
entertainment:
- Derek allowance: $20.46
- Wendy allowance: $18.85
- Kids' allowance: $6.08
crafting supplies: $45.38
gifts: $12.88
Total spent: $488.35
Remaining: $11.65


And that's where we are now. Derek and I both have half a tank of gas, so we should be fine there. I'm taking the kids to the movies and the gym this week, so that's $6.

I think we'll be under the $500, but I am going to go a smidge over $250 for our groceries (again, including all eating out and our coffee buy from the beginning of the month). Teri gave us a big container of mustard seeds and Derek immediately started a batch of homemade mustard (recipe in this month's Gourmet). He wants to have hamburgers today with his fancy mustard and apparently homemade bread won't cut it (the mustard, get it???).

So, I'm going to get hamburger buns and probably a little bit of fresh produce - I'll post the totals later, but I'll probably spend about $3.

Walgreens, CVS, and Target all have deals I want to take advantage of this week - come on Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment