Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Q&A - part 3 - this one's for Cate

Just one question this time, from Cate: That is a really cool idea. There don't seem to be any stores in my area participating. I notice that about your posts, too, that you have different stores where you live. I've never heard of Tom Thumb. Do you know of any other blogs/sources that focus on deals in other areas (like, say, New England)?

This is making the latent (and formerly employed) researcher in me happy. I'm just going to pick Boston as my town and see what I can find. Cate - you're lucky both of my kids are sleeping, both of your kids are adorable, and I'm bored. If these don't match your stores - lmk and I'll try again.

So, it looks like Boston has these chain stores (in addition to local stores):

Shaw's - go here for info on store promos, online printable coupons, etc. Looks like they send home mailers, so probably worth making sure they have your info registered on your shopping card.
Stop & Shop - here for info on the store card - again, looks like they send home mailers so register your card
Trader Joe's - I am SO jealous.
Whole Foods - here's the Boston store's home page - dang your flier is better than mine.

Tom Thumb is part of the Safeway family of stores, which include Safeway, Carrs, Dominick's, Genuardi's, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, and Vons - I'm not seeing any of these in Boston.

I googled "Shaw's coupon match-ups" and "Stop & Shop coupon match-ups" and found these two blogs. They seem like they're along the lines of what I'm trying to do. The others I found are more like Money Saving Mom - and I'm partial to her. Let me know if these are good.

The Wandering Peanut (Connecticut)
The $200 Mission looks like she does match-ups for both Shaw's and Stop & Shop

And, of course, my favorite Hot Coupon World. Here are the Shaw's forum and the Stop & Shop forum.

Hope some of that helps!

1 comment:

  1. I never thanked you for this. But thank you so much!

    Trader Joe's does rock. It's a little far from me, maybe half an hour, but the stuff is great. I don't get to Whole Foods, that's at least 45 minutes or an hour away. Sad.

    ReplyDelete