Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I haven't abandoned y'all!

We have just had a crazy few days. A quick wrap-up on my $500 challenge:

$3 - Jackson and I went to the movies
$2 - We were driving past a garage sale and I spotted a carboy - Derek was thrilled! It's for beer making and usually costs around $35.
.67 - CVS - I used a $4 ECB to get the lens cleaners I mentioned before, a 3-pack of Ivory soap for my homemade laundry detergent, and a travel pack of baby wipes. I earned another $10 ECB

Grand Totals!
$500 Challenge Totals:
food & eating out (includes HBA): $201.39 ($184.23savings)
- (eating out $53.36)
gas: $110.74
clothing: 24.69
coffee & beer making supplies: $52.05
household necessities (like air filters, etc)
entertainment:
- Derek allowance: $22.46
- Wendy allowance: $18.85
- Kids' allowance: $9.08
crafting supplies: $45.38
gifts: $12.88

Total spent: $497.52
Remaining: $2.48!

So, we did it! It's back to the envelopes for me, though. I did not handle the big lump sum well. I still stuck with my envelope limits, for the most part. I just have to be firmer with myself on letting the amount in a designated envelope be IT. No more switching amounts around.

I'm going to take a little break and decide where I want this blog to head. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

4 comments:

  1. You did it! It's been great fun to watch and see you ssstttrrretch the $500.00 but I have to say I'm glad it's over. I had anxiety watching the calender and the $500.00 dwindle.
    My favorite thing though is the craft and beer budget. I mean a girl has to have priorities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blog is great like it is! You are motivating us! And you give us good tips on money saving ideas. We love you just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You're an inspiration! Seriously, I'm an aspiring Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That was a huge challenge and you did exceptionally well.

    ReplyDelete